.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ashley Smith

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley and I live in Arkansas. I'm so flattered to have been asked to join Noel's Design Team. Thank you, Noel, for giving me the opportunity!

I've been married to Brian for almost ten years, and I'm a former high school math teacher. My life changed in August 2003 when I gave birth to twin boys four months early. With the death of Shawn and the subsequent medical problems of Clayton, the direction of my life changed dramatically. I've been staying at home with Clayton since he finally came home from the hospital, and I began scrapping in May 2005 as a way to pass the time here at home. It quickly became more than a hobby--I scrap to preserve memories, but I also scrap as a form of therapy. I call my scrapbooks "glorifed journals," as I tend to put as much importance on the journaling as I do the actual photograph.

My style is always evolving, but I tend to always stay linear and pretty graphic. I love patterned paper and can't help but use a lot of it!! I tend to go in spurts too--I may do several one photo layouts, and then switch gears and do several multi-photo layouts. Just whatever floats my boat at the time.

I look forward to working with this team, as I adore the work of every one of them!

No comments: